Organic products helps keep our planet safe for the future of our children. Organic means that pesticides and toxic chemicals haven’t been used. Organic farmers work hard to protect our ecosystems, making our air and water cleaner. When we support farmers like that it makes our life a little bit better, don’t you think?
Why should I use cloth diapers?
- You help the environment by using diapers that are recyclable and able to be used again and again.
- You have your diapers already for the next baby, and the next..if need be.
- They save you money. Save 25-50%.
- It’s easy! Only adding one to two loads of laundry a week.
- They are healthier for your baby, (see info on dangers of disposable diapers).
- Babies in cloth diapers tend to potty train earlier.
- Cloth diapers are softer and cooler than plastic ones.
Why Use Wool?
Wool is a very natural breathable fiber. These products are made out of 100% untreated pure, virgin wool. IF these diaper covers are only in contact with urine, they do not need to be washed. Why you ask? Wool is so wonderful, it can prevent bacteria from growing and helps eliminate any odors after its dry. Wool can absorb up to 40% of the wetness and still feel mostly dry. It lets the moisture evaporate! Wool protects your baby from mold, mildew and bacteria. Wool is nice and cool in the summer and warm during the cold months. For extra waterproofing you can treat the products with lanolin for improved use, but it is not absolutely necessary. IF your child is a heavy night wetter, these covers are perfect for you. Give wool a try; we think you’ll be pleased. We have a variety of wool products we’re sure you’ll enjoy.
Why Use Hemp?
Hemp is a very versatile, breathable fabric. It is wonderful to use for baby for several different reasons. First, Hemp can be grown without the use of chemical pesticides or fertilizers. Many products deplete soil of nutrients, where Hemp does just the opposite, it adds nutrients to the soil. It is a valuable renewable resource. Our baby diapers made from Hemp are a smart investment. These diapers will last through several babies. In the beginning the diapers need to be washed repeatedly to remove natural oils and wax. But remember that’s all right because with hemp, the more you wash them the better they are. They become softer and more absorbent with each wash. Try and see what we mean!
What’s Wrong With Disposables?
- They create a ton of waste! Literally! For each child that uses disposable for approximately 2 ½ years.
- Dioxins are exposed to your child’s reproductive area, this is a concern for many.
- Disposables have been recently linked to child asthma.
- Fills up our landfills with untreated feces and materials that are not Biodegradable.
- Chemicals! Chemicals! Chemicals!